Friday, October 2, 2009

Some Pleasurable Snippets

I thought I'd entertain with a few words from my students.  Grammatical errors have been corrected.  These come from tests, papers, and class discussions:

From an extra-credit assignment:  
"The War of 1812 was fought between two well-known countries which had fought several times before:  the United States of America and Great Britain."  
For those of you who are unaware of this, the US had only fought Britain in the Revolution.

From a paper on the Second Great Awakening:  
"A refunding disposition was in progress."
I simply have no idea what that could possibly mean.

From a Bible Quiz:
Q:  Do Jesus and Nicodemus discuss any of the "Ultimate Questions" of Origin, Identity, Meaning, Morality, or Destiny?  Explain.
A (Student 1):  You are a Spirit of God.  
A (Student 2):  They discuss that Christianity is real.

While I do appreciate that one of my students thinks I am a Spirit of God, and although I am willing to admit that my students might use phrases (like "refunding disposition") that I am unfamiliar with, I must say, these kids make me feel pretty smart sometimes.

1 comment:

Ben said...

Your kids make me laugh. Thanks for sharing! How did one try to give you homework?