Thursday, August 20, 2009

Teaching the Life of Christ

We're here in Suriname now, and classes start on Monday.  I'm teaching four social studies classes, drama, and a course on the Life of Christ.  Yikes.

In my Life of Christ syllabus, I have written the following statement:
"The study of the life of Christ is an all-encompassing study of life, as revealed through the One who has always lived and came to live among us as an example."

As I have a pretty free reign with this class (my only criteria being that I follow the Bible, use some real curriculum often, and do not stray from biblical teaching), I'm pretty excited to be able to teach the basic idea for a biblical worldview.  As we would try to teach on the worldview team, all the ultimate questions (Where did we come from?  What does it mean to be human?  What is the purpose of our lives?  How, then, should we live?  What happens after this life?) are answered in the person of Jesus Christ.

I'll be trying to tackle the concept of Christ the Eternal Second Person of the Trinity in this first week.  Look out, theology!

No comments: